        Sue:

        You don't mention the dosages given your mother.

        In the beginning the Sinemet dosages should be small
        then gradually incremented to adjust to adequate
        dosage. How much depends on the individual. But many
        people have 'reactions' to Sinemet in the beginning.
        Also dyskinesia (agitated movements of the head and
        other extremities) can be a result of too much Sinemet.

        Depending on the dosage and your mother's condition
        you may be seeing dyskensia. Usually all unusual
        activity will cease when the patient sleeps. There
        may be some occasional leg movement if the patient
        tends to have Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS).

        I'm not a physician but with 20 years as a caregiver
        for my wife (58 years of age) we have been through most
        of the ropes.  I will relay some of the information we
        have accummulated over the years if it will be of help
        to you.

        I would anticipate you are seeing your mother react
        to the doubling of the medication (Sinemet) which
        may settle down in a few days. My reaction to doubling
        the meds is.......too much, too quickly. Better to
        increase gradually until dyskensia is noticed then
        back away slightly.

        If I can help let me know ........Jack

E. Jack Savely    [log in to unmask]    Topeka, Kansas
CG - Jeannette 58 - 20              Starliter on Chat
KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER AND 'TOTO'
Ad Astra per Aspera  -  'To the Stars through Difficulty'