You're exactly right, Camilla.  Someone has apparently subscribed to the
list and then forwarded their mail to another email address which has an
automated reply when the address is 'full'.  Also, this address bounces
the error message back to the sender instead of to the listowner (me)
which is unusual.  To avoid confusion, please send a message to the
listserver, not the list, at [log in to unmask]  In the body
of the message, type:  set parkinsn repro  After that, you will see your
own message as it is posted to the list.

As of today, we have 1540 members from 37 countries.  If your server is
shut down or you email account is full, the listserver sends me an error
message...today there were about 80 of them.  Please remember to set
parkinsn nomail if you are going away.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Barb

On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Camilla Flintermann wrote:

> I think Barb Patterson posted last week about problems with the system that
> caused mail to bounce--but still appear on the list!  This has happened to me
> also, and I think to others--as I recall, Barb said they're "working on it".
> I try to verify that the post HAS appeared, then zap the bounce notice.
> Is this right, Barb?
>
> Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
> "Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing