On Sat, 15 Feb 1997 18:14:06 -0500 Barbara Mallut <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>Come ON, you all - THINK BIIIIIG!   I think the entire 1500+ of us
>should be
>at the Oprah Show together!   Talk about PARKIE-IMPACT???
>
>Heck.. the show'll fly us all to Chicago, put us up at some
>fancy-schmancy
>hotel, feed us (time to head for the mall, ladies!  We hafta get
>spruced up
>for our mass appearance on Oprah!)...
>Yours Truly will be played by Sandra Bullock,  Ivan Suzman is played
>by Mel
>Gibson, Beth Leslie by a very YOUNG and of course, absolutely gorgeous
>Lauren Bacall (Hey... this is MY fantasy!  "Stuff" like age or whether
>the
>namesake is alive or not, and other trivial earthly boundaries are
>completely
>irrelevant!).   Joao Paulo is played by Julio Iglesias (WOWIE!!  J.P.
>can you
>SING!) <grin>. Marling is played by Brooke Shields,  Dennis Greene is
>played
>by John Cleese, and Brian Collins by Sir Richard Attenborough
><sp?>......
>
>Cameo appearances will be made by Muhammad Ali, Janet Reno, Billy
>Graham, and
>His Holiness, the Pope.
>
>Casting will resume at the discretion of the casting director)
>
>Uhhhh.... guess who didn't sleep last nite, thus enabling this above
>fantasy
>to be born?  <giggle>
>
>Barb Mallut
>"Lil_Honey" on the PD Chat
************************************************************************************************VALENTINE'S
GREETINGS TO ALL FROM THE  COAST OFMAINE*********

Hi, Barb and other Oprahfolks,

     Barb, you are keeping me awake at night!  I was all set  to go to
bed, had a nice little midnight chat with my pet kitty, Winnie, and
thought, SHOULD I OR SHOULDN"'T I?    (Should I peak at the incoming mail
or not?)

     Well curiosity got the best of me, even though Winnie and I had had
our  little midnight nuzzle and were ready, perchance, to dream.
Alas....

       SO, I remind you of Mel GIbson, huh??

     People do say I look like Marty Stouffer (sp.?) of Stouffer's wild
animal kingdom!
        And I am known for having taken some of the best zebra pictures
ever shot.........
        WEll,, maybe Mel is  my alter ego.

    BY THE WAY, I somehow, in my Valentine's reverie, sent my love poem
to my very,  very special friend Tom to the parkielist......when I told
him, he said that it was all right.....so I hoped the Listmembers liked
it....................

    and, because my messages have been bounced back lately, it was
re-sent!

    So, the truth is out, I am a proud-to-be-gay member of our
Parkinson's family..
And TOM is my favorite CG...my soulmate...we talk every day about life
beyond Parkinson's, about living WELL with Parkinson's, or at least
trying to in the face of a probable pallidotomy...............

    Back to Barb's Oprah fantasy........I will add just one more scene:

    It's the Nobel Prize ceremony.  I'm there looking ravishing in my
black tie and tux, and the Swedes give the prize in Medicine to Dr.
Henry Guttentag  for having unlocked the genetic mystery that explains
why Parkinson's occurs...

     Meanwhile the wide scrren shows a satellite flash over to Barb and
Stan at the Academy Awards, and Camilla presents the award for best
actress to our beloved Joan Samuelson..Barb and Stan break down and cry
tears of joy................research money  FLOWS to us...............

Barb, thank you so much for your giggles and wonderful

Ivan Suzman.
47/10  Portland, Maine
land of lighthouses            25 deg  black ice on the  roads,  ducks
galore in the cove behind my  temporary
townhouse............................................ the Maine Turnpike
was actually shut down to keep drivers off the black ice.................