Hello folks
OPRAH AND THE PARKIE STORY
This is fun, this is amusing, this is unloading.  Later we will become
serious, and we will have to deal with reality.  I have these visions of how
things will run.  Oprah will want to know more than the disease of Parkinson
- she will want to know why we contracted PD.  Who will be able to answer
this one?  No cure you say but causes?  Assumedly PD is never the same with
all sufferers so why did we get it.  On the List I hear very little about
causes.  One said it had to do with flying and anxiety of flight while
another said it was from stress.  Should we not prepare to answer this
question soon.  Why is the disease being diagnosed in the younger population
where drugs were more READIBLY accessible than in the age of our parents?
Are we ready to answer this?  Did society dictate our disease?  Should women
have stayed at home to raise the kids while the men worked?  Are women
unable to take the stress of both working and raising  the kids?  But you
say, "Women had to find jobs otherwise the mortgage was not getting paid
anymore with the increases in house payments - were men forced to work at
two, and sometimes three, to make ends meet? Did this CAUSE my loss of
dopamine - damn it, I want my dopamine back... (remember I went back to
school at 44 to get a degree in History and Education - I am a teacher).  In
hindsight, perhaps I should have stayed home.

It's ok to organize this trip to Chicago but this has been done before; Phil
Donahue, 60 Minutes, CBS news and other news network, and still not that
many remunerative rewards were dished out to us for research. I like the
term INVISIBLE here.  In my family no one is overly worried - what's more
they say that I don't have PD because it does not run in our family - brutal eh!

I only mean to help - I only want a cure for this in order to end the
ghastly suffering I read in my Email three times a day.

Fleurette