Yes, my husband Bob does have a form of stuttering (PD 7 yrs) and it has
been problematic for the past two years.  He gets hung up on the letter "S"
and this is unfortunate because when he is trying to tell people about the
Fourth Australian Multi-Disciplinary Conference on PD in Perth, which is in
September 1997, he can't get the word out -- I have known him to say, in
desperation "the month before October.."

He also is affected by rigidity of his tongue which makes it hard to talk
(I imagine it feels like your tongue feels after going to the dentist and
having had anaesthetic in your gums) and a strange form of facial
dyskinesia which is a sort of a grimace.  Tension certainly makes his
speech worse.  His words also run together - I believe this is a form of
"festination."

He is experimenting with taking his medication differently to get more
mileage - from his Madopar (levodopa medication like Sinemet) --that is
before meals (as you are supposed to) and taking less, so that he won't get
the dyskinesias.  Funnily enough the dyskinesias trouble him most when he
lies down to go to sleep, but he can control them by lying on his left
side. Two of his neurologists had never seen the sort of facial
"dyskinesias" which he has.  They are not very pretty.  They are not
"tardive" dyskinesias, by the way.
Bob never stuttered as far as I know.  In fact he was a very eloquent
teacher with a very lovely deep voice.
What larceny this disease causes..

Incidentally, Bob is a little different in that his tremors are only in his
legs, not his hands at all.

Joy Graham