Hi. I am 49 years old  I live with PD since I was 30. I have been
depending on Modopar (the French Sinemet) for 14 years up to now. I was
taking also Parlodel but had to quit this last medication because of very
unwanted side effects. Then, for the last 3 years, I have to manage the
feeding of my brain with only one medication : Modopar.
Starting 3 years ago with 12 (100+25) doses a day and 20% " ON time "
(that was a very poor score), I am now scoring more than 80% " ON time "
, NO dyskinesias, with only  6 (100+25) doses a day.
In order to achieve that kind of quite a good result, I am also using a
computer program to evaluate the optimum tablet strategy. This program
can't be dispatched because it has not yet been written in order to
present a good portability.
Each dose of Modopar is taken into account using the signal processing
notion of Impulse response. i.e. : represented on a time scale, as it
appears to the brain.
>From the time the dose is taken, the level of available Dopa increases
for 1.5 hour. Then, the level is constant for only half an hour and
decreases.
The duration of the first two parameters is independent of the kind of
tablet
The amplitude that is reached is 9.8 with non CR tablets, against 5.2
with CR tablet. But the duration of impulse response of CR tablets is
longer. The level is divided by two 1.5 hour after the start of the
decrease with non CR tablets against  4 hours for CR tablets  In my
model, the surface of a 100+25 CR (Modopar LP) impulse response is the
same as those of a (100+25)non CR Tablet (Modopar Dispersible).
It seams to me that: 'bio-availability'. describes the fact that the
level that is reached with CR tablets is lower. But don't forget that it
lasts longer.
Although it is more difficult to control the time at which the rise time
starts when tablets are gelules (sorry, I ignore the word that you are
using for it in your funny language ).

MEG