>   My closest friend, Tom, in between baking batches of applesauce
> cookies,  said to me yesterday, "But Ivan, what about the RISKS??"
>
> Ivan Suzman,  47/10

I did not have a pallidotomy, but will probably have one. A year ago an
ex-colleague,a PWP, had one in Sweden. She showed literature, which said 20%
did not improve, but deteriorated. In the january number of the magazine of the
Dutch Parkinson Org. is an article about pallidotomy in the Univertsity
hospital of Amsterdam. They say the number of failures is 9%.
My ex-colleague improved but not much.
I don't have exactly the sort of info you asked for. I hope others will.

                                         Ida Kamphuis 52\12
                                                     Holland