Friends,

Once again I'm coming to you with questions in hand

I am acting as support for 3 diffent PWP's, my mother, my step-father,
and a family friend.  It amazes me how different each PWP shows symptoms
and even within the 3 of them how significant the differences are in
applicable medication.

My step-father recently has taken a step down in his health.  He has
been dealing with apnea and extreme anxiety for many years but only
recently has dealt with it actively.  The addition of amitrypteline to
his evening meds as part of his PD regime I believe has helped his apnea
tremendously.  It has helped all of the issues (apnea, anxiety, and
depression).  He now suffers from extreme weakness in the legs.  He
seemto have very little strength in his legs and this of course doesn't
help his balance either.  I am wondering if anyone has had the
experience of weak legs and could it be due to too little sinemet.  He
is currently taking 1 CR and 1 25/100, 3 times  a day.  Any insights
would be beneficial.

My mother has had PD for approx. 10 years.  She is currently taking
liquid sinemt, Eldepryl and amitriptyline.  Her dskenesia is what
bothers her most and her window of "good time" seems to be closing
quickly.  She unfortunately has had no luck with taking Permax.  Her
neuro has started her on low doses but each time her reaction was severe
- disorientation, nausea, extreme dyskenesia.  I wondered why her
Sinemet was not reduced at the time of Permax introduction and wonder if
that is the usual practise.  We are anxiously awaiting the availability
of any of the 3-4 new meds that should be available soon.  These new
agonists may be of some benfit due to Mom's inability to deal with
Permax

How exactly does an aganist work.   Does bolster the effect, or duration
of the Sinemt.  Does increase the half life of the Sinemet.  If anyone
can give me a synopsis on how an agonist effects the PWP I would be
grateful.  Also., are any of the new meds available outside of the US at
this time?

I'll thank you all in advance for any ideas or suggestions you may have
and I thank you again for all the insights you've allowed me in the
past.

Best regards,

Bill
--