I think the thyroid connection is a long shot. My father-in-law (83/10+)
had radiation treatment as a child for acne, but nothing resembling the
thyroid exam/treatments discussed recently. On the other hand, my mother
(now 75) had the thyroid treatment a decade ago, and has not developed
any PD symptoms.

I think we need to recognize that PD often occurs at an age when other
parts of the body begin to wear down. Thus, often treatments or symptoms
develop coincidentally with the PD, but are just parallel occurances.

I certainly don't mean to belittle the quest for coincidental
occurances, which is why I questioned my father-in-law about his
thyroid. And I am still interested in any other cases involving oxygen
deprivation or carbon monoxide.

Keep up the good work. I learn more about PD every day I'm on this list.
--Bob