From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of NB
Sent:   Tuesday, February 18, 1997 9:41 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Card holder

My mother, who has Parkinson's, loves to play Bridge. However, she's
reached the stage where it is hard to hold the cards.

If you have a resource for some kind of appliance or device to hold a hand
of cards, please send me email:

(I get so much mail, I don't always have time to read through all the
Parkinsn digests, so email to my address would be faster.)

Thank you!

By the way, thanks for all your previous suggestions. She is doing a bit
better.  She sent for the forms to apply for subsidizing her medications,
and her doctor is helping her fill them out, so that will help.

I am worried a bit about her memory, though.  I asked her to find our photo
album from when the family attended the New York World's Fair (my boyfriend
also went, and he wanted to see our pictures).

She said, "The New York World's Fair?  Did we go there?  We did?"  She
doesn't remember it at all.

I think it was in 1964.

It really threw me, because this is not the first time she has not
remembered some big family outing or trip.

I suppose some of this is due to the medications, and some due to old age.
But it seems scary that her memories are disappearing.

NB