Dear Barbara Hodson and others interested,

I called the 800 number for Upjohn on Monday, and the customer service
rep explained that what Upjohn received was a "letter of approval" on
pramipexole but not the official FDA go ahead;  the media, as happens
too often, put a rosier hook on it.  She took my name and number and
yesterday the man who is supposed to know more about it (sorry, didn't
get his name as I was in the shower with the phone) called to say that
the letter, received Dec 24, asked for more information which was sent
Jan. 4.  He said it generally takes 2 to 2-1/2 months from the receipt
of that info before the official approval issues forth.  He said that
they were geared up to having it ready to go out the door as soon as the
approval came.  This would make it roughly the latter part of
March--unless there's a glitch somewhere.  Saw my neuro yesterday and he
said the reps usually come around to announce the availability of a new
drug and they haven't arrived yet.   I am not a patient patient.
KALAMAZOO, KEEP AT IT!

Regards, Kathy K.