Hi Debbie, you wrote

>My mother who has had Parkinsons for 10 yrs. complains of vision problems
>and is concerned how much of it might have to do with the PD. She did have
>cataract surgery in one eye, but there seems doubt as to whether it held
>its success.
>She mentions "not being able to see well--says that things she looks at
>with her left eye (the one with the cataract operation) seem diagonally
>distorted and that her right eye is blurry.

>Anyway she also reports that these conditions seem
>related to the PD.  They change with her condition and she feels muscular
>"pulling" around her eyes..."

1. I too have "odd" vision problems. When you think about it, it isn't
strange that it might be part of the PD, as eyes have muscles to make
them change shape, and much of our eye-control is a learned skill - like
walking, balancing, talking, precision movements etc (all those things
which can be affected in PWP).

2. Suggest to her that she get some eye exercises from the
opthalmologist, optician or whomever. They are unlikely to do harm, and
with a regular pattern of usage and control, perhaps the worst problems
will recede a little!

Best regARDS?
--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160