At 02:38 am 14/02/97 -0500, Joel Shack wrote:
>LOBBY FOR INCREASED FUNDING FOR PARKINSON'S RESEARCH:
>In Vancouver we have been talking about the need to lobby for greater
>support for all areas of Parkinson's research.

Hello Joel,
        Some members of the Young Onset Support Group here in London,
Ontario, have been discussing this matter and will be taking it to our
membership at our meeting tomorrow. Your letter, therefore, is very timely.
         It is hoped that our campaign will be joined by all Parkinson's
groups in Southwestern Ontario, which are co-ordinated from the London
office of the PFC.
        At the AGM in Vancouver I picked up a handout from the Early Onset
Group from Vernon, B.C., which says they are also taking a proactive stance
on lobbying government for increased funding for Parkinson's research. The
contact person is Louise Whelan, and I had hoped to be in touch with her in
the near future.
        Hopefully by joining forces we can start a national campaign on
behalf of all Parkinsonians in Canada, just as our friends in the U.S. are
doing to promote the Udall Bill.

Judith <[log in to unmask]>