Hi Brian
I paid a visit to Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]> 's WEB
site " http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter " and from there, using
" Brian Collins " link, I got a very pleasant trip to your model
description. You certainly are ahead of me using pharmacokinetics. I'm
certain that we are working on the same wavelength.
In the model that I'm using, the way doses are fading is described using
the decreasing part of a gaussian distribution. i.e. the impulse response
of a Modopar dose, is computed using the following Excel Formula :
IF(h-t<0;0;IF(h-t<=m;a*(1-COS(PI()*(h-t)/m))/2;IF(h-t<m+p;a;a/EXP((h-t-m-p
)^2/d^2))))
Where :
" h " is the current time
" t " is the time at which the dose is taken
" m " is the rise time (1.5 hour)
" p " is the duration of the constant level (0.5 hour)
" d " is the width at half level of the gaussian distribution
whose center occurs at the time = t+m+p
d = 1.5 hour for non CR doses an 4 hours for Modopar LP doses
for memory, respectively a= 9.8 and 5.2
This modelisation gives a very good representation of what the available
Dopa is proportional to.
It allows me to predict what is going to happen in the near future (with
a +/- 5 minutes accuracy) knowing  the state in which the previous dose
has worked.
MEG