Hi, Sue!

Your letter said; 'He is also refusing a referal to a neurological center
because "Parkinson's is Parkinson's". '
Excuse my language, but you Mom's doctor is a bone-head!  It may well be
time to seek a more compassionate physician.  If there is one thing true
about this disease it is that each person has their own variety of
symptoms and problems.  I faced a similar situation before I was first
diagnosed.  The primary care physician who saw my whole family didn't
want to refer me to anyone else either. This was a consistent pattern in
how he treated us all.  He didn't want any money going to an immunologist
for allergies, gynecologist for my wife or finally (before I got away
from his greedy clutches) a neurologist for my PD.  If he thinks that PD
is PD he is simply showing his ignorance.

That's my 2 cents!

Terry Brennan
(39/8)
Gaithersburg, Md.