Bob wrote:
Has anyone researched the possibility of PD being caused by excessive
alcohol consumption. I have always heard that Alcohol can and does cause
the death of brain cells. In my younger years I drank of lot of
alcoholic beverages. In the last year or so I have lost virtually all
desire (need) to drink.

Some time ago I heard the results of a study that identified  that low
Dopamine levels were found in the brains of alcoholics.  The study
concluded that the low Dopamine levels may be  the cause of alcoholism,
instead of the other way around.  I remember receiving some flames from
folks who suggested that I was trying to imply that people were responsible
for contracting PD because of their behaviors.  Nothing could be further
from the truth.  Just to insure that those accusations don't re-occur, let
me state again:

        Low levels of Dopamine in the brain *may* be responsible for some kinds of
 alcoholism.

        I haven't spent the time to track down that study - it's out there
somewhere incase someone is interested in finding it.  I heard the report
over news radio.
-----
Mary Ann