On Wed 19 Feb, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> Definitions (according to the Merck Manual)

> Bioavailability is the rate at which and the extent to which the active
> moiety (drug or metabolite) enters the general circulation, thereby
> permitting access to the site of action.
>

> Michel Margosis
> Former Pharmaceutical Research Chemist

Hello Michel,  Thanks for the most informative definitions. I am interested
that bioavailability refers specifically to the amount of drug ENTERING the
circulation, not necessarily the same as that arriving at the brain, since
in the case of levodopa, it can be attacked on the way to the brain. What I
am wondering is whether in this specific case, the bioavailability can vary,
depending on how much Carbidopa is in the system?

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>