On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Lynn Ann Berg wrote:

> Is there a generic form of Eldepryl available as of yet? I have been
> downsized  from my job as a nurse and with my PD am having a hard time
> finding a new position. With my job went my health insurance so $120 per mo
> for Eldepryl is hard. Lynn Berg.

Lynn Ann: In recent months the exclusive patent went off of Eldepryl and
DuPont Pharma began marketing a tablet called CARBEX (Selegiline HC) which
they claim is therapeutically identical to Eldepryl (which is now in
capsule form).  Like Eldepryl the manufacturer of CARBEX recommends 10 mg
per day in 5mg doses at breakfast and lunch.  There is no additional
benefit to more than a total of 10mg per day -- in fact more thaaan 10 mg
a day may cause serious side effects.

  Sid Roberts   67/dx3
  [log in to unmask]       Youngstown, Ohio