Perhaps we misunderstood the map we read
it's really hard to say, for on the edge was
written "mostly level".
Being the adventurous sort we started on our
way.  We admired the view and despite a few
difficulties found the path we chose mostly level.
The path had rocks, some hard knocks, and places
seemed most cruel. But the rangers were kind as up the
cliff we climbed, keeping my chair and I mostly level.
As we reached the top we thanked them and turned
again to the map. There could be seen the stairs
in between the path and "mostly level".
Now I've had highs and lows, floods and snows,
happy days and moments dreary. But on the whole
I want you to know that life has been, mostly level.

Marvin Giles