I am new to the list, the doctor is now in the process of diagnosing my
mother (age 85) with some form of Parkinson's Disease - she has been on
Sinemet CR 25-100 for two days, and I do see improvement in her condition.
She is also on 0.5 mg cogentin twice a day.  (She had been on considerably
higher dosages of this for the previous eight months due to a diagnosis of
Tardive Dyskinesia.)

I need to know how to educate myself on Parkinson's Disease as quickly as
possible, and on the diagnostic tests that should be used, and the
medications and whatever else I need to know to help my mother.  She now
requires total care, and I'm the caregiver.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Sue

[log in to unmask]  -  Northern Arizona