Jacob Drollinger wrote:

> Dear group,
>
> As some of you may know, I have been trying to get a surgeon to at least take
> a look at me. My former neurologist said that because of the post-synaptic
> nature of my injury, no surgeon in his/her right mind would touch me with a
> ten foot pole.
> Well, I have finally found one who is willing to examine me. His name is Dr.
> Andres Lozano. He works out of the Toronto Hospital.
> Now, I have just one problem: My primary caregivers, my parents, want to know
> if he is credible. I have all the faith in the world in a physician with his
> credentials, but my mom and dad need more than that before they book a flight
> to Toronto.
> Has anyone heard of Dr. Lozano? And if they have, what?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jacob Drollinger

Jacob.

I live in NY state just two hours away from Toronto.  Therefore, my
neurologist had heard of Dr. Lazano and his work.   I had an assessment
first in New Jersey where they told me about the same things that they
later told me in Toronto.  However, I just saw the surgeon in NJ while
the second experience involved a lengthy exam by a neurologist as well
as meeting with Dr. Lazano.  I had a  pallidotomy in Toronto one month
after the assessment because of the high recommendation of my doctor and
simply because it was more convenient.  The surgical team was
delightful and the atmosphere during the operation was very relaxed.  I
truly felt they wanted to do the best job possible.

The results were  not as dramatic as I had hoped and my life has not
drastically changed but the surgery did just what he said it would--do
away with that terrible jerking that resulted from the medication and
give me freedom from the obvious on/off periods.

Good luck.

Joan Holliday