***snipped a bit****
>Laura,
>
>I am not aware of any data to support the statement that depression
>leads to PD . . . >
>The question about alzheimers (SDAT)(senile dementia Alzheimers Type) is
>more complex.. . .   PD unfortunately can lead to a Dementia
>that is clinically indistinguishable feom SDAT so if your father has a
>true dementia the differentiation is academic.  But if he has drug
>toxicity from one (or a combination) of his meds, a psychosis secondary
>to meds or the PD), or a pseudodementia related to incomplete treatment
>of his depression there is hope that the process is reversible. A good
>psychiatrist who has some familiarity with PD should be able to help
>sort that out. . . . Also PD does not usually
>run in families- except in rare cases or if it does its expression in
>the offspring is so incomplete that it is nothing to worry about for you
>over the long run.  If you run any increased risk of contracting PD at
>all that risk is very small.
>
>I hope I answered your questions.
>
>Charlie
>--
>CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
>MADISON, WISCONSIN

God Bless you. Yes, you have helped to answer some of my questions. You
have confirmed my hope that there is a chance for some slowing or
reversibility of his PD's progression, and you have also let me know
reminded me that there may be a point at which the true "source" of his
condition becomes "academic," a point at which things must be accepted and
dealt with from there.

I know "Thank You's" eat up space on the board, but I received several
replies via personal e-mail. I wanted to express my gratitude to all at once.

Best wishes,
Laura