Mark,

You wrote:

> I just love being a devils advocate ;-)
> It might equally be that early pre-parkinsonian symptoms include
> something that mimics thyriod problems or maybe even stirs up the
> thyroid gland.   In other words, the thyroid problem (and the
> subsequent testing) are a consquence of the onset of PD not its cause

You may well have the answer. I think the following points bear
you out:

1.      To date, all those reporting a percieved onset of PD after
        having a thyroid test, did not in fact have a thyroid  problem.

2.      A symptom of a hypo-active thyroid is lethargy.  Sound familliar.
        Could it be that the thyroid test is in response to the earliest
        manifestations of bradykinesia.

Anecdotally, in my household we believe in spreading things around.
My wife has had the thyroid test (and the thyroid problem) and I have
the PD.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 47/10