Dear reader,
   The following short tale is adapted from my Christmas news letter sent
to family and friends. It is a story of courage, determination and bravery
in the face of overwhelming and opposing odds It is a story of the value of
seeing small but thinking and feeling big.
             George

What kind of a year has it been? Well, I'm glad you asked and I'll tell you
by way of a metaphor.Early this Spring I was casually looking out upon my
yard admiring no doubt the fine row of Impatients and Bergonias.
Such brilliant whites and reds they were. And to ward off the  big bad
mowing machine ..........which would come lumbering along sure to threaten
the very existence of these lovely  flowers....... I staked two poles ,tied
a long white string to the poles and posted  a  wheels off warning to the
big bad machine and any accomplice although I knew deep in my heart that
there was no need to leave any note for the machine clearly was superior to
the man.  It had rained the previous night and the string had expanded
lying forlornly on the ground until a red red Robin came bob bob bobbing
along.
     S/he began tugging at the piece of string and was getting real bummed
that s/he couldn't dislodge the string from the poles so  the bird then
attacked the poles but fails again. Then it's back to the string again
tugging vigorously.  With a bit of imagination you could see the neck
muscles bunching up and  the feet  digging in trying to get better
footing.I'm sure you all have seen a similar Robin Red Breast in a cartoon
depicting the Robin struggling mightily to dislodge a worm from the safe
ground.
   So I spent some time that morning cutting various lengths of string and
putting it out for my friend Robin Red Breast who of course wisely used it
to build the family's nest . Best nest on the block; genuine string, top
grade too. But the very best part of this story is how Robin Red Breast
picked up the string. I figured R.R.B. would pick up some 6 " section and
fly away trailing a long white string but not so; R.R.B. carefully picked
up the string up with her beak at EVEN intervals and having secured it
safely in her beak took off for home. If a job is worth doing it's worth
doing right!
     So in answer to your question regarding how am I? I'm real good.
During  this past year I managed to stay out of the way of big machines and
not so swift people.  I planted my small flower garden and watched it
flourish. I struggled some but with a great deal of effort  and
determination and the help of many friends and relatives including Don and
Gail [bro and sis.] ,a supporting cast of a dozen or so from the health
care community. and a bunch of good people from my Parkinson E-mail Group,
some 1500 strong and a bunch of quality string I 've done just fine. It's
my bed, I made It [out of quality string] and I will lie in it.

Writers note: Stay tuned to your small screen for tale #3,a tale of how
perception  depends on one' attitude toward life and their illness or how
to turn a disaster into a goal mine,in a manner of
SPEAKING.
       george

AMAZING GRACE

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound