At 11:32 22/02/97 -0500, you wrote:
>hi
>iwas diagnosed a nov 96, am 51, had just completed myn ca teach credential in
>91
>have tried to keep very positive attitude doing things i wanted to do all my
>life ( spend a week w/ friend etc)
>everything has been progressing very quickly so i have feared it may be other
>than parkinsons
>
>yesterday my doctor said the devestating news-since the meds don't seem to be
>working -it may be atypical- i haven't cried yet- i had such hopes for the
>new meds coming out and new  research but i don't think there is much
>research going on atypical, there is one woman in our support group who has
>it and she was not given long to live
>
>i guess i just wanted to tell my story somewhere and to some one
>i am trying to stay calm for family
>
>i have a very supportive husband and two great ciollege age kids
>
>would really appreciate some up lifting or otherwise comments on my situation

Hello Judy,

Of course you are in need of some support.  It is a very difficult time for
you and I know everybody on the list will be behind you.  Some will identify
exactly with your situation.  I also, was diagnosed with "a-typical"
Parkinsons and had very rapid progression initially.  However, it was
checked and reversed with adjustment of the drugs.  I am going to send you
my story direct (the group already know it) and you will see the
similarities which should give you hope.

Remember, the worse enemy we PD people face is stress and anxiety.  Under
those conditions, drugs struggle to cope AT ALL.

Write and tell the group your symptoms and medications etc.  There is a
wealth of collective knowledge in this group and we all care.

Don't give up, don't despair.

Regards,

Ernie.
Ernie Peters <[log in to unmask]>