Ernie,

You wrote in part:

> Seeking clarification on the "half-life", I was told that the "exponential
> decay rate" referred to the drug once it was in the blood plasma.  From
> this, I conclude that standard Sinemet will quickly reach its peak level
and
> then follow the exponential half-life decay described.  Sinemet CR will,
> however, deliver its designed dosage evenly per hour until exhausted.  At
> this point, the half-life decay rate will again come into play for the
drug
> remaining in the blood.

With regard to Sinemet CR, it seems to me that the implication of the
statement that ' the "exponential decay rate" referred to the drug once
it was in the blood plasma' is that:

1.      the exponential decay rate is operative on all deliveries of the
        drug, once they are in the blood stream.

2.      this in turn will result in a small, but significant increase in the
        drug levels over the delivery period of the tablet, culminating
        in a peak at the end of the dose.

If this is indeed what happens, it could explain end of dose dyskinesa, at
least as regards Sinemet CR.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 47/10