My thoughts on the possible Oprah appearance and how a gay relationship
might affect it:

If there's anything that would cause an audience to ignore the
Parkinson's message and look at something else, we should downplay
it...but not ignore it.

If a gay couple was part of the guest list on Oprah, that wouldn't
bother me. But if a couple were drawing undue attention to
themselves--whether gay or straight--that would detract from the
Parkinson's issue. And if Oprah felt the need to address, "What's it
like being a gay person with Parkinson's?" I think that would be a
drawback as well. She should ask, "What's it like dealing with
Parkinson's?" rather than focus on any one specific group that has the
disease.

This appearance will be to educate the general public on Parkinson's,
not the gay population, the straight population, the Catholic
population, the Jewish population or any other segment. It's for all of
us,  so the issues should be ones that everyone can identify with.

No offense intended towards anyone...just my opinion

Maggie Heeger