Dear Ivan--I think some good points have been made in the responses
you've received re: being VISIBLY GAY on Oprah.  Let me say that from
what I know of your family situation and other experiences you've shared with
me, I can fully understand your concern, which may seem to some to be
unnecessarily"dramatic".  This is a very painful issue for you, and one you
live with daily.  On the other hand, please take seriously what others have
said about our group * agenda * should we actually end up on Oprah.  That would
be to focus not on our private lives as gay/straight/Jewish/Catholic/Quaker/
atheist/whatever people, but as PWPs and CGs for PWPs.  Nor would I expect
that hetero-couples would be kissing on stage....I love my husband very deeply,
but he'd die if I kissed him on TV!! ;-)  WhileI know that you feel a need
to educate the world about the fact that gay and lesbians folks exist in large
numbers in the population--and even have PD!--that, I believe, would NOT be
the PURPOSE of being on Oprah, and the fact that you were gay would be
incidental to the fact that you are a PWP.  So my reaction, honestly, is
there shouldn't be any secret to your gayness, and if your CG (male) was
there, no problem, but neither should therebe an emphasis on that aspect of
your relationship, which would, unfortunately in our society, shift the
focus of the discussion away from the reason we would be there--PD.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"