--------------37092A9A2FA0

Gail Vass [log in to unmask]

--------------37092A9A2FA0

Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 12:59:00 +0000
From: Wanda Banks <[log in to unmask]>
To:
        Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
CC: [log in to unmask]
Subject: new PWP-nauseated

thanks everyone for all the help from all over the world! I'm on!

I am new to the list, this is my first note. My sister (48yo) is a newly
diagnosed PWP who saw her neurologist yesterday (FRI) for increasing
difficulty writing. She is on Eldepryl twice a day with little
improvement in rigidity.

My sister agreed to a trial on Sinemet CR25/100 twice a day for two
weeks to serve as a trial to see if her handwriting would improve and to
confirm that she really has PD.

Her doctor said to take the Sinemet CR25/100 with meals for 2 days and
if not nauseated on Sat. or Sun., then take Sinemet 1/2 hour before
meals from then on and return in 2 weeks to eval.

She took the first dose at 9am with a big breakfast and by 11:30am she
was very nauseated and by lunchtime today she was too nauseated to even
eat lunch...Question..Should she stop Sinemet for the weekend and call
Dr. on Mon. or should she stick it out & take Sinemet no matter how sick
it makes her? Does the nausea wear off after awhile? Are there tricks to
decrease the nausea? Now she's concerned that she'll be someone that
won't be able to tolerate Sinemet in the future.

Thanks, prompt advice would be appreciated.

Gail Vass      [log in to unmask]

--------------37092A9A2FA0--