-->>>>>>> Next Section <<<<<<<

>Date:    Mon, 10 Feb 1997 23:30:41 -0500
>From:    elizabeth leslie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Bursitis-like Pain
>
> So now I'm thinking that the problem in my
>left upper back is 'occupational' and the lower back pain is
probably
>caused by/related to P'n rigidity.  It's taken me months to work
this out.

>Beth Leslie

Beth,

I had the same symptoms that you did. When my meds are off I "lean
to the left", and unless I am in a chair with good support I will
have a severe back ache within 15 minutes. I went to see a physical
therapist earlier this year and in the course of her evaluation it
was revealed that my upper left quadrant is much weaker than the
other three. I had not realized this. The back pain is definitely PD
related, but I have no eplanation for the UL Quad weakness. I, too,
do extensive keyboarding (both computer and musical).

BTW, the treatment was to use adequate back support and exercises.

Bruce
55/9
Sinemet CR & Pramipexole
* Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana *