Ivan,

Can you stand still another response to your posting?  I've been thinking
about it since I first read it and have to agree with Camilla, Jack, and
the others who feel our cause won't be helped by your publicizing your
homsexuality.  I consider myself a non-homophobic in a homophobic
society, but there are too many people out there who find homsexuality
repulsive and would transfer that feeling to PWP's if the two issues were
presented together.  We have enough negative emotion on our hands with
the fetal research issue without adding another ingredient to the
witches' brew.

If you do make it to the Oprah show, I'd advise letting your gay
orientation be known without emphasizing it and without overt displays of
affection with your companion. In my opinion, that would be in poor
taste, not that talk shows worry much about that anymore.  I may be an
antidiluvian old fossil, but there are still a lot like me  around - and
they have clout.  Let's keep them on our side.

Good luck.

Pat

  pine`