Fellow Listmembers:

It's time for me to leave the list.I joined the PD-list around 7/95 hoping
to correspond with other young people dealing with PD. It was a very
emotional time then and the fellowship from the people that I kept in touch
with was an important part of my life.

Some of the posts I submitted to the group that I'm most proud of are as
follows:

Open Letter to God/Open Letter to Group
"PD on public display"
Oh Lord, Stuck In Levis Again!
Come On and Safari With Me
Thanksgiving Thoughts......
A Voice In The Park...A Piece Of Cloth
Holy Cow!...he's got PD too?
PD-ANGELS
Sinemet chain-letter
PD-magazine?
Wednesday PD-humor
How I got SSDI
Chris Kinesia (Suburban Cowboy)

Conveying my feelings in words unlocked writing abilities I was previously
unaware of. I don't regret any words I've posted here since joining and I'm
sorry, in retrospect, that I didn't share some of my parodies with you (too
risque' for some).

When nepotism ("He ain't shifty, he's my brother") and the endorsement of
off-topic chit-chat was condoned by the Listmaster, I knew that my belief
in the purpose of the PD-List had finally died. The stories of so many
closet-writers (such as myself) trying to cope with their own PD-hell are
overshadowed by the repeated non-humorous postings of a small-minded group
of people who "thumb their nose" at the requests to "please stop this"
posts from dozens of the people on the List.

For those of you who would like to stay in touch, I'll still be on-line and
will still be writing tales of my struggle with PD for national and
international PD-newsletters but my words will no longer appear on this
list. Someone has agreed to forward me posts from any young people like
myself who post to the list in the future (there is a "generation gap"
between younger and older people with PD that I do not understand but
acknowledge).

I hope to work steadily on my book after my pallidotomy surgery in the next
few months as well as play my music once again. In the meantime, the
weather here is beautiful, my house is clean, and my positive outlook on
life will no longer be suppressed.

"Chris turned and walked slowly down the hallway as he shed the heavy coat
he'd worn for so long, his steps growing lighter and quicker as he
approached and opened the doors and stepped outside into the sunshine to
enjoy this thing called LIFE"

-David Boots (38/6)