Susan - people's reactions to the various antidepressants seem to vary widely,especially with elderly people.  My mother-in-law was not helped by a bunch of them, incl. wellbutrin, and is now doing great on lithium!!!  (She DOESN't have PD, and lithium & PD don't mix, so that won't work for your mom --- I mention this to encourage you to encourage your mom's doctor to try something else.)  My mother, who does have PD, seemed to get a little help with minimal side effects from a number of antidepressants, but none of them worked particularly well.  What did seem to help both her pd and her depression was a series of electro-convulsive therapy treatments.  Apparently psychiatrists are using this method on elderly people precisely because there are, except for brief use of anesthesia, no drugs involved.  Good luck . . . the mental/emotional changes are draining, aren't they?

Mary Rack
cg for mom 75/6
kansas