S.J. Wolfe wrote:

>         Anyway, several years ago, I developed a slight hand tremor which
> was exacerbated by tiredness, stress, exertion, and was accompanied by
> loss of balance, etc. I immediately thought of Parkinsons and went to a
> neurologist, who checked it out and diagnosed essential tremor. The first
> thing he did was to decaffienate me (eight weeks of unmitigated hell,
> because I was drinking nearly a gallon of iced tea a day!) which really
> made a big difference. I also got a track ball for my computer and I blame
> all my spelling mistakes on the tremor!
>         There isn't much that can be some for it, I guess, but watching my
> caffiene and sugare intake has reduced the severity of the symptoms. I can
> aleays tell I am overtired, though, the tremor is then quite noticable!

Hi S.J.

Interesting your relate.In my case (tremor in my rigth hand mostly) it
is exacerbated too by stress,tiredness etc.,however I keep taking my
strong cups of coffee and sugar many,many times during the day.I do
control the tremor quite well with a low intake of levodopa twice per
day.

Best wishes,
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+