We speak of there being 1.5 million PWP's in the United States.

On an average, I think we can guess, an average PWP will have been diagnosed
as having Parkinson's for - less than forty yars?  Probably somewhat less,
but let's be conservative.  Forty years - that's 14,310 days - or about 100
new PWP's are diagnosed daily.  Over 4 an hour.  With the aging of the baby
boomer generation, probably more.  And 100 PWP's die daily, again 4 an hour.
Again, probably more.

Four people an hour!  If that doesn't rouse you to the urgency of finding a
cure, think of this: With less that five percent of the world's population
in the United States, we are looking at more than one person every minute
over this world - being diagnosed on the one hand, dying on the other.

We may have not looked at it quite this way before, but we have all felt the
urgency.  For ourselves, yes, and for so many others too.

Arthur Hirsch - 61/dx11
Lewisville, TX
Home of the Fighting Farmers