Hi everybody,

I was diagnosed as having Parkinson s Disease nearly 10 years ago,
 the diagnosis being made on the basis of the symptoms I was showing plus a
supposed positive reaction to Sinemet. From my point of view these symptoms were
my speech, my handwriting and the rigidity of my facial muscles. There was also
a tendency for my eyes to close. To these symptoms, which have deteriorated over
the years, must now be added  freezing  whilst changing direction during
walking. and various eating problems.

At no time have I experienced tremor.

As the result of an enquiry into the possibility of having a pallidotomy
I was asked to stop taking Sinemet for a day or so. I did this with a certain
 amount of trepidation.

That was ten days ago. Ten days without Sinemet and I don t really feel
 any worse!

I am now told that my Parkinson s is Multiple System Atrophy which is why
 I am writing to Parkinsn. Does anybody have any information about the-
syndrome? If they do I should greatly welcome knowing about it.

JACK TIBBS ([log in to unmask])