>My father has recently been requested to participate in a study of a new drug
>called Tasmar, aka- Tolcapone.  Has anyone else been approached to participate
>in this study or know anything about this drug?  My dad has not responded to
>any other medications- including Sinemet- maybe that is why they chose him,
>but the letter indicates differently.  I am just looking for anyone else that
>is considering participating in the study.  Please email me at
>[log in to unmask] or respond on the listserv for eveyones' benifit.  Thank you
>for your time.
Hi Gail:
I have been involved with the Canadian study of Tolcapone for more than two
months.  I'm on the last stage, and for me it has been great .  It is
designed for people who have "end of dose drop off", and it has allowed me
to reduce my  pill-taking times to three a day from four. This has made a
big difference in my life.  I can now enjoy  almost an entire day  of
"ons".
However, it is not for everyone; there have been a few minor problems.  If
you need more data, let me know.
All the Best,  Brian Black