Dennis whrote

> 1.      the exponential decay rate is operative on all deliveries of the
> >        drug, once they are in the blood stream.
> >
> >2.      this in turn will result in a small, but significant increase in the
> >        drug levels over the delivery period of the tablet, culminating
> >        in a peak at the end of the dose.
> Ernie wrote

> Dennis, it could indeed explain it.  Whether a particular individual
> would suffer this effect would also be complicated by the exact Levadopa
> peak required to trigger the dyskinesia,

Dennis and Ernie and others,

The story of the manifacturer about exponential decrease of a part of the
sinemet is very concordant with my reactions. However about the wearing off
dykinesia for me things are the other way round. The worst wearing off
dyskinesia is for me the one which comes 3 or 31\2 hours after taking the first
dosis of the day. Taking a dosis every 3 hours the dyskinesia comes always
after about a three hour period but tends to be less intense and the least
intense after the last dosis. It so fits completely into a combination of my
model and yours. My model is: the wearing off dyskinesia is a reaction of my
CNS on a steep decrease of l.dopa and your model: during the day piling happens
so when the last dosis is decreasing, a higher "basic" level protects from the
most intense reactions on this decrease.
It makes me better understand what happens at night. At night I don't take any
med's. Taking the last at 10 in the evening I'll have some dyskinesia at 1
o'clock. Awakening in the morning I am not in a bad shape. The worst symptom
after awakening is a cramping of my right foot(my PD being mostly on my left
side). Keeping quiet and not exercising it is not a bad time waiting my first
med's make me more active. It may seem during that early morning hours that it
might be better not to take sinemet any more. Having done that experiment years
ago I am for ever convinced that I need sinemet. Now I understand that in my
morning hours I am not completely without it.
A few days ago I wrote about the "fear" hypothesis I did not get a
"AHA-Erlebniss" AHA_experience. But now I had one!
I tell this maybe with some redundancy, because others with the same reactions
might recognise and get a better understanding.

                           Ida Kampuis
                                    Holland