I find myself stuttering more and more these days.  I blame it on the fact
that my mind is thinking the words that I want to say just as fast as it
always did, but my mouth does not cooperate by saying the words as fast as
it used to.

Ditto for typing, as I have to go over my writing several times to correct
mistakes - once to eliminate words with unintended spaces in the middle of
words, once with a spell checker, once to check for good words which wwere
not the words I had intended, etc.

Ditto for handwriting - if I try to write as fast as i used to, it can't be
read - so I have to write i over.  And over.  And over.

Slow down?  I've already moved from the fast-paced North to the supposedly
slower southern U.S.  It might help to slow down more, but I haven't learned
to do it yet.  It's just a big problem in outputting what comes from my brain.

Suddenly I recognize how this affects another string currently on this
listserv: checks are hard to write in a store, and folding money is hard to
handle, so I use credit wherever possible.  You don't have to write anything
out, and nobody checks your signature.  Then it all reduces to one or two
checks a month instead of dozens.

Art Hirsch
Lewisville, TX
Home of the Fighting Farmers

P.S.  We know what a PWP is.  What's a PWPer?