For Dennis Greene

Hello Dennis,  I am sorry that my note annoyed you so much. I had two reasons
for sending that note: one was a gentle reminder that some people had promised
me some data, which would help MY understanding of what YOU were describing.
The other was that in this particular discussion the lack of evidence does seem
to me to be considerable, so I tried to suggest a possible source of data.
As a matter of fact, and to stir the mud a bit more, I suspect that the drug
manufacturers may have answered the wrong question: It is probably true that
any sample of levodopa entering the blood stream will begin to decay
exponentially, and the CR drugs are no different. However the plasma
concentration depends on the accumulated sum of the 'bits' of  levodopa in the
transport system at any point in time, and that is governed by the rate at
which the drug enters the bloodstream ( minus the rate at which it enters
the brain). But - each 'bit' is decaying exponentially.
  Finally, I certainly am not knocking speculation in a vacuum - some of my
best work is done that way. I really was missing not being part of the debate.

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>