At 23:40 2/25/97 -0500, you wrote:

>From the desk of Ivan Suzman, gay, young-onset PWP,

Dear Arla and listmembers,

        <SNIP>
         Only, in my case, the battle began at age 37, and I am
a minority-group member.

       I try to be upbeat and positive, but when I see thinking which
threatens to disrupt our UNITY as PWP's and CG's united in a common
struggle, a response is needed.
        <SNIP>

        IVAN:

        I think your last post was in error.

        With, perhaps only a couple of concessions, all the posts
        I read from members of this list who were commenting on
        your repeated announcements of sexual preferences were not
        'hitting' on you. They were expressing a fact of life in
        todays society. Moreover, I believe they were saying that the
        efforts to find a cure for PD is the goal for the majority of
        of the list members. They do not want nor can many of us afford
        to waste our energies on other agenda until PD is only a bad
        memory.

        When I read many of your posts, I feel sorry for you. You
        are so insecure in your life that many of your messages just
        seem to cry out as if a demon possessed you.....my interpretation
        of your messages.

        In the above snippet you say you are in the minority. My wife is
        aslo in the minority......being female. She and all the other PWP
        are in the minority. Jeannette was diagnosed at the age of 38, not
        much different than you. She has put up with the Devil PD for 20
        years, twice as long as you. She is not the only one on this list
        with these terrible credentials.

        I haven't seen any postings indicating that anyone is trying to
        disrupt the UNITY of the efforts to find a cure for PD nor to
        defeat our COMMON struggle with PD. Perhaps I'm blind but I
        think you should begin writing your posts as a PWP and not a
        gay PWP. As Barbara Mallut said, " I dont' give a rat's ass
        whether you're gay or not.". Couldn't have said it better myself.

        Sorry I can't be more positive about your messages....Jack

E. Jack Savely    [log in to unmask]    Topeka, Kansas
CG - Jeannette 58 - 20              Starliter on Chat
KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER AND 'TOTO'
Ad Astra per Aspera  -  'To the Stars through Difficulty'