Hello all -

We went to Barrows and as much as I did not get good news, at least my Mom
won't be trying out a new bunch of meds and that is good.  The diagnosis
is either Jacob-Creutzfeldt or atypical presentation Alzheimer's with
strokes, and he said he would bet on the first one which he says effects
about one person in a million.  He said he could do a brain biopsy and
spinal tap to determin which it is, but that the end result is the same -
just that the first one moves much faster and is something like mad cow
disease but doesn't come from cows and the brain tissue is very
contageous.  He said Mom was almost a textbook case and to get her off of
all durgs except pain medication which he would give often, and not to
turn her too often because of the pain factor.

I guess I'm kind of numb today.  At least now there's a name and I know I
can't fight to get her better any more.  Now we'll just live with it for
as long as she has left, (the disease moves rapidly) and I will know that
she had the best care possible all of the way around.

Thank you all for all of your caring and support.  You are all the best
people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.  Thank you all.

Sue