>At 23:32 2/20/97 -0500, Fred Schneyer wrote:
>>Hi kind and wise list people:
>>

>>My mom, 68 1/2, diagnosed 14 yrs, got challenged the other day at her bank
>>because her signature on a check was so shaky. Apparently, Mom and her
>>caregiver were
>>told that all would be well if she got a note from her Pd doc explaining
>>that PWPs often have shaky handwriting and not to worry about it.
>>
>>Has anybody else had experience with this issue? Should we just change
>>banks?
>>
>Fred,
>
>Most banks have a signature card on file with the appropriate authorized
>signature on it. You would need only to make out a  new signature card with
>a "shaky handwriting" on it or even change the authorized signature to an
>initial if writing becomes too difficult.
>
>---Milo

Fred & Milo,

Get to know your banker or use the ATM. Signature cards with PD are almost a
joke,
but not a funny one.  I somewhat traced the progress of my PD by looking at the
signature card I signed each ttime I went into my safe-deposit box in the
bank vault.

Will
And here's to long "ons" and short "offs"

WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter