Hi Kees Paap <[log in to unmask]>, you wrote

>A few hours ago I returned home from Israel and I remembered something
>happened in the plane:
>
>A man (about 40) passed me several times on his way to the toilet or
>to smoke a cigaret in the back of the plane. His right arm didn't move.
>His movements were very slow. He walked as a typical Parkinson Patient
>who doesn't use medication or too little or doesn't react on the medication.
>
>To me thid man was a classical example of a Parkie.
>So I told him about PD and that there was a possibily he had it too. I advised
>him to see a neurologist when he will be back in Israel.

>And now back in Holland I wonder should I have told him about PD?? Should I
>have asked his name or given mine??

Kees, You cannot make an omelette without breaking eggs. Similarly, you
cannot expect to be the helpful, caring, lovely man I know you are
without occasionally risking giving some offence.

I say you certainly were right to offer your loving support to this
stranger. I have little doubt that you tackled the communication with
sensitivity. The worst that might happen is he could go back to his
family or friends, and have a laugh with them, saying "a funny thing
happened to me in the plane. There was this wierd ginger-haired Dutchman
who was trying to diagnose me on a few minutes observation only: who
does he think he IS - James Parkinson?."

You keep it up, Kees. Most of us fail to offer kind words until it is
way too late.

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160