Barb M., George, Stan, et al,

You are wonderful people!

If you ever get any more messages to remove or even control or curb your
humor----JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please understand my spelling and typing have been effected greatly by many
things, especially the PD and pain.

As you know I was diagnosed over a year ago, but I knew that I had PD nearly 3
years ago.  I was so scared of having a doctor confirm what I knew and dreaded.
 Maybe, If no doctor said it, it would go away----HA HA---no such luck.

About a month ago I developed great pain in my left hand.  Since my PD is on the
right (hand,arm, and leg) I was upset.  I now have no strength nor much grip in
either hand.

I went to the doctor, he said maybe I have 'tennis elbow', without playing
tennis for the last 20 years.  He put me on anti-inflamitories (ibuprophine).
They did nothing.

Then he consulted my neuro about puting me on pain killers because the pain now
was so terrible that it caused me to cry, scream, and otherwise vent on nearly
everyone I came in contact with, and had absolutely scared my children (grown)
to death.

They both (gp & neuro) said I should try Vicodine.  What a mistake.  After a few
days I was crazy and thought............. Well, I thought many things, none of
them good.

Well, on my own, I stopped everything I was taking.  For a week and a half I
took nothing.  The pain was terrible, worse (believe it or not) than the PD.  I
called my neuro.  He said that it would be ok to be off the eldepryl for 2
weeks, but no more.

I went to my gp, he and an RN friend of mine talked, they changed my pain med.
Since, the pain I have now is not muscle or bone, but NERVE pain, I am taking
Imiprine.  It is an anti-depression med of which the 'side effect' is that it
relieves nerve pain.

I have again put the eldepryl into my daily living arrangement, and this is
working.  I cannot stand the dystonia or dyskinesiea (or however you spell it).
 I do not take sinemet unless I must.  I will see my neuro in a few weeks, and
we will talk again.  I only take the klonopin at bedtime if I have been putting
extra strain on my legs.  This is the only time I get terrible leg cramps.  I
can deal with simple 'restless leg', believe it or not.  I can also deal with my
shaking hand and leg.

My biggest problem is DEPRESSION.  No, the new drug does not seem to help this
problem, but works in helping to control the pain.  Without the paxil, I am
depressed, ALL THE TIME.  Then I look at my e-mail.

Barb M., Stan, George, et al,
You lift my spirits.  You make life seem worth going on.  There is a great deal
of info floating thru this list and we can pick out whatever applies to each of
us at anyone time.  But, the personal notes, HUMOR, and caring that flows is
what keeps me going somedays.

Don't forget how to Laugh
Marling

ps:  if you wish to know more about what I do, go to
http://www.humboldt.net/~shcrc/