<<  I only wish that  EVERYONE on this list would learn to be more tolerant
of the only gay PWP on this entire list who tells you that we are more
diverse than you planned. >>

Ivan,
This is a gentle admonishment (not an attack or a flaming).  Maybe I've
missed something, but I thought the postings on the list were very supportive
of you.  I didn't see anything that I would consider homophobic.  Every
message I saw said that he or she respected your choice and welcomed your
input on the list.  (You, of course, might have gotten some email privately
that I'm not aware of.)

<<  In my original post, I  was inquiring about the comfort level we
list members have if  a younger, gay male PWP and his caring male
caregiver appeared  on Oprah. ....... A televised display of sexual foreplay
is as  UNTHINKABLE for me as it would be for a heterosexual PWP and his or
her CG or partner.>>

If my memory is correct, you asked how people felt if you held hands with
your male friend or hugged or kissed him.  I think people were replying to
your question honestly - they would be uncomfortable.  An Oprah Show on the
topic of Parkinson's Disease is not the place to demonstrate gay pride.  As
Oprah often says, "That's another show!"  We need to keep our eyes on our
goal and not get distracted by other issues.  I don't think anyone objected
to your stating that you're gay, since that's a part of who you are.

<<  Some  of the listreaders have gone haywire because they don't understand
what life is like if you are a  gay man.  Those of you who have jumped to
attack me have not recognized that Tom is one of seven visiting care givers,
NOT my partner.  I am single, and he is there for me just like you and your
mom are for your dad. >>

Well, there I guess I did misunderstand you.  I thought you and Tom had
special feelings for each other.  You seemed to give that impression, even
sending him a valentine via the list.

<<  Gay men are much freer to give hugs, in an uptight society.  Hugs
are NOT sex.  we are no more promiscuous than anybody else.When we touch, it
is the appropriate touch that any CG and PWP might have!! >>

I can't imagine anyone objecting to a heartfelt hug.  Hugs are not confined
to gay men.  Here in California, everyone gives and gets lots of hugs.  If I
were to be on the Oprah Show, you can be sure that both you and your male
caregiver would get a hug from me.

<<  I really KNOW how to behave, and to be chastized, accused, and labelled
does not heal the gulf between gays and heterosexuals. >>

Ivan, please do not see a gulf where perhaps only a little dip occurs.
 People only said they would like you to behave appropriately.  You say you
know how to behave.  Good!  We're in agreement.  Now let's all go have some
milk and cookies and take a nice nap.

By the way, Ivan, I love your weather reports from Maine.  In Northern
California it's sunny and about 70 degrees.  Daffodils and freesias are in
full bloom and the flowering fruit trees are splashes of pink and white.  Can
anyone tell me what to expect weather wise in Australia and New Zealand in
mid-March and early April.  We'll be vacationing there soon.
Mary Sheehan