Marling McReynolds wrote:

> Now, I peel and section a couple of oranges in the am and put the pieces into a
> ziplock sealed bag and carry them with me.  When I feel the dreaded DRY MOUTH I
> pull out an orange slice or two and I find I have gotten rid of this side effect
> without dammaging my internal pipes.  I still drink plenty of fluids, but not
> overdoing so as I was before.

Marling,
Speaking for myself, I've not heard of your discovery before. I think
it's wonderful! Oranges have such a great clean, tart taste. Not to
speak of of fiber, folate, and vitamin C (well, a dietitian couldn't
omit mention of that!)

It's particularly apropos to me, as I'm in the midst of a response to a
reader who inquired about dry mouth. I'm including all the dogma
regarding fluids and artificial moisteners -- may I use your tip as
well, in my newsletter?

Thanks for sharing a valuable idea!
Best regards,
Kathrynne