I am with Barb on this.  I find that on my school nurse listserv, the
tactics are also used to market from time to time.  I don't appreciate
the use of the listserv to sell someone's product or recruit sales
people.  Tim, I think Barb's suspicion is warranted and commenting on
the pitch will usually scare off a marketer and not a legitimate
subscriber sharing info on the listserv.

As I have said before, we all cope with PD or whatever however we can
and I think from comments, most love the banter and humor provided by
Barb and friends here.  Perhaps some others could lighten up and enjoy
the messages and even find some relief from stress.  Maybe we need to
find a symbol to add to the message line to warn these staid individuals
that indeed the message contains something in fun!

Just had to comment since I enjoy Barb and think she sees things we may
not pick up on since she does this for a living elsewhere.

--
Gail B. Post, RN,MS,CSN
Maryknoll Schools