Lisa,

<< I find my artwork is completely
fufilling.  I 'd like to hear from any other artists who have are able
to continue with their work or perhaps have had to modify their styles
or give up their art. .>>

I have always been involved with art.  I was an art major and taught
elementary and secondary art (among other things) until I quit to raise a
family.  When the children were growing up I had a sucessful home-based
business designing and making small sculptures, which were more crafts than
art.

When my children were older a friend and I formed a corporation, rented
warehouse/office space and went national.  We had that business for 13 years,
specializing in handcrafted angels.  Even before my diagnosis of PD, I began
to have difficulty with my job because of slowness, rigidity, and difficulty
in painting details,etc.  So we sold our business and I decided to go back to
painting watercolors.

I am assembling a portfolio of work and will eventually  do a presentation to
a couple of local galleries.  Right now I am just enjoying the joy of
painting seriously again.

The beautiful thing about watercolors is that the further this dumb disease
progresses, the looser and more "watery" my paintings will get.  Accidents
with applying paint sometimes turn into the best part of a painting - so
there are lots of opportunities ahead for experimentation, growth, and
delight.

Good luck with your mosaics.  I love the idea of the abstact stained glass
shapes.  I think the main thing about continuing as an artist with PD is to
find a medium where precision is not imperative and just let creativity run
wild.

Mary Sheehan