On Fri, 21 Feb 1997 18:42:30 -0500 "Brian C.Black" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>>My father has recently been requested to participate in a study of a
>new drug
>>called Tasmar, aka- Tolcapone.  Has anyone else been approached to
>participate
>>in this study or know anything about this drug?  My dad has not
>responded to
>>any other medications- including Sinemet- maybe that is why they
>chose him,
>>but the letter indicates differently.  I am just looking for anyone
>else that
>>is considering participating in the study.  Please email me at
>>[log in to unmask] or respond on the listserv for eveyones' benifit.
>Thank you
>>for your time.
>Hi Gail:
>I have been involved with the Canadian study of Tolcapone for more
>than two
>months.  I'm on the last stage, and for me it has been great .  It is
>designed for people who have "end of dose drop off", and it has
>allowed me
>to reduce my  pill-taking times to three a day from four. This has
>made a
>big difference in my life.  I can now enjoy  almost an entire day  of
>"ons".
>However, it is not for everyone; there have been a few minor problems.
> If
>you need more data, let me know.
>All the Best,  Brian Black

Brian,
    I have "end-of-dose-drop-off."  I'm sure many of us do.  Is there
someone on our list who can help me to know more about Tolcapone?
    Especially, I want to understand how it is supposed to work at the
chemical and cellular level.
    I need medications every 3 hours around the clock (8 x per day).

Thanks a million,

Ivan Suzman, Portland, Maine  47/10  40 deg. F> raining and almost
springlike